Re: [Harp-L] diminished chromatic for blues
- To: Konstantin Kolesnichenko <wheel.k@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] diminished chromatic for blues
- From: Eugene Ryan <ryan.eugene@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:15:14 +0000
- Cc: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=JA+vI3bEcHA48jyduAwqO/TjBlrVk9RNaRdjzjEw/T4=; b=m3n4LZtdAM07FEZ8mp04GCSePoVIW6+Rz+CY7kHESbaH8M/8vgGZ0jA2v6ZQP1cLwz M0helhcSr1SsPC3eCCBQnT5NxWYz8+ee5lca7kQWZ0S5crA3y35RS1mbrQgdxiMJ4mFj 5X9PZstoe4kkHMyVTrJ+DiBzxUeFyA0Gp25HS7zQb783yCxPHsFI9REQ4bAv61M1Rdmn CuPJKS5mBnA/SWTRQR9y/MrrE/CO6DDhu+rRg+ena99FOuZuguFEFnBeRFnRXHSCoG5M TliVkJNLYT7XlO1Kg0EHBu3uF0RvlImLiFt/ne/nmwk+jGhe6cQik1bvRLlC+sa/PPTV +M8w==
- In-reply-to: <562F9725.email@example.com>
- References: <CADMzF-4_TUkJ_h+9TvS3EGmysKKc58HofHmAWU+4b+c03SkT0w@mail.gmail.com> <562F9725.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks for the kind words! The other two guys are players who play
diminished tuning; I don't have sound samples or links other than the
angelfire one below. There are more, now that I think of it, chrotrane and
Grant Osborne. There were other players who started off with diminished
tuning but I don't know if they kept it up - I've lost track of the various
players who started out on dimi. G had the original articles on angelfire
about the diminished tuning that created some interest in the tuning:
I think Jason and I got into it fairly seriously about the same time after
reading the article... there was Dr Yeadon who played before that and of
course possibly other players.
On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Konstantin Kolesnichenko <wheel.k@xxxxxxxxx
> Hello, Eugene! I'm happy to read such good words from you! I love this
> track. Beautiful sound and amazing playing!
> I know Jason Rogers, we are friend on FB :). His article about the lines
> on dimi opened my eyes! But I don't know who is JP and G. If you have time
> please give me the links to their playing :) I'm very interested in it!
> On 27.10.2015 12:32, Eugene Ryan wrote:
>> Hey K,
>> Sounds great as usual! Agreed that the tuning is very logical.
>> Yep, there are a few people using diminished chrom including Jason Rogers,
>> JP, G and others. I play it all the time and used it on this track on a CD
>> by Argentinian harpist Athy (the unison melody is another tuning):
>> I don't have a lot of tracks recorded with it although I plan on doing
>> recording in December.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and