Re: [Harp-L] "Breaking in" a harmonica

I was doing a gig last week and rehearsing before the gig a reed in my G harp went south. I rushed round town looking for a replacement and found a Suzuki pro. It was expensive but I needed it so got it. Did some rehearsing with it and then was off to the gig. It played great for 1 song and then bust a reed on the 2nd song !! Total piece off crap !  I'm not a heavy player and get all my harps retuned every year with very little problems in between. My way of breaking that  40 Suzuki pro in was to throw it out of the pub window the second I came off stage !! I normally get all my harps custom made by Tony Dannecker but needed to get that harp . I thought I'd read here how much better harps are now out of the box. I'll not be trying it again anytime soon.
Gary

Sent from my iPhone