Re: [Harp-L] sticky slides

Doug Tate and other respected gurus insisted that the only acceptable lubricant is water.  They could be right.  However, I am convinced (admittedly without much objective evidence) that a light coat of Johnson’s paste floor wax, well polished out, offers some lubrication and surfaces to which other substances are less likely to stick. I think that it lengthens the interval between cleanings.

Its effectiveness ranges from none to some. Because it is dry and has negligible thickness, it does no harm.  It satisfies the urge to do something about sticking.

Vern