Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic: Advantages of each position /warning long

In this example, Joe cites the instrument first, and the "fingering" or
position second.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Rick Dempster
<rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Lemme see if I unnerstans you Joe:
>  "Example: A tune is in G. I may use an F chromo and play it in G." - So,
> you are playing, to speak in C harp language, in the 'D' position ie
> keynote 1 draw?
>  "Or a G chromo in F. "-In C harp lingo, then, 'Bb'?? or 3 hole
> draw-button in??
> "Or a Bb in D. " - In the 'E' position that is 2nd hole blow??? Arrrgh!!
> "Or an F IN F."  - See, this is where I get confused, cos you said you
> never play a C harp in C, but here, it looks like you play in the key that
> the harp is tuned in....or have I got it all wrong???
> RD

Joe is a master of this approach--I think; that's what I get from what he
says anyway.
I have stopped using keyed chromatics for the most part. But the concept is
valid!