Re: [Harp-L] Why Blues Jams are Important

Buck, here's what's wrong with that picture:  There is no way a club owner
is going to agree to let a band put "their man" at the door, for a couple of
good reasons.  They need a regular employee who is trained and trusted for
door duty.  He/she has to know the company policies and procedures.  The
club owner cannot  risk letting minors slip into the bar, for example.

And, if there is an incident at the door the door person needs to be
an employee who is covered under the club's liability insurance.

I suppose you could plant your man somewhere near the door to keep an eye on
things, but if he interferes with the doorman's duties he's likely to get
bounced.

--Rick Davis