Re: [Harp-L] Why Blues Jams are Important

On 04/12/2011 04:10 PM, Joe Leone wrote:
When Garry said the words: "musicians out there who * need * to play", it was like someone had cranked over a 200 KVA generator and a bunch of anti aircraft lights went off in my head.
the house band at the jam i mentioned had a great harp player. he didn't
play because he liked to, or chose to, but because he needed to. he's in a
great band, and well known in the area, so it's not a problem. but depriving
him of a place to play would be like depriving normal people of food or water,
or air.

-- We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give. - Kathy Moser