RE: [Harp-L] Re: amp or mic?

I don't see much point in splashing out on electrics until you can at least play the harmonica to a reasonable standard and have scope to improve still more. That includes developing the ability to play acoustically with good tone and projection.  I am speaking as someone who made this mistake myself. When you play through a rig you don't necessarily get the feedback on your playing that you need in order to correct your deficiencies in tone.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/