RE: [Harp-L] Which harps last longest when gigging regularly?

> I would have to go with the lee oskars personally.Also because of their
> tuning set up they seem to 'cut through' a bit better so no need to play
> quite as hard.
> It is a pain playing with a loud band,sometimes i was just playing
> (hopefully) the right riffs because i knew where the holes were.Not much
> room then for any subtlety.
> Although i don't really gig out anymore i have found like Steve the
> suzuki bluesmasters to be durable as well
> Rick
> in NZ

Thinking slightly sideways, if needing to play a bit louder is your issue you could consider XB40s, which are considerably louder than other 10-holes.  In fact, they are by some margin the loudest harps of any type that I possess.  They are not cheap, of course, and, well, maybe, to know 'em is to love 'em...

Steve Shaw

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/