RE: [Harp-L] Which harps last longest when gigging regularly?

> In your opinion, which 10-hole diatonic harp has the best durability when
> played hard with a loud blues band? By "played hard" I mean used in a
> couple of gigs per week, and sometimes played louder than you'd like because
> of a poor mix. When I can't hear myself I tend to play louder, which
> actually makes things worse.
>
> I'm trying Hohner Special 20, Marine Band Deluxe, Big River, and Pro harps.
> I'm also trying a few Lee Oskar harps. Which harp last longest for you when
> gigging regularly?

I think Lee Oskars have pretty good staying power, but I'll also put in a word for Suzuki Bluesmasters, which I've found to be very durable, knocking spots in this regard off all those Hohners.

Steve Shaw

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos – Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/