Re: [Harp-L] Which harps last longest when gigging regularly?

I would have to go with the lee oskars personally.Also because of their tuning set up they seem to 'cut through' a bit better so no need to play quite as hard.
It is a pain playing with a loud band,sometimes i was just playing (hopefully) the right riffs because i knew where the holes were.Not much room then for any subtlety.
Although i don't really gig out anymore i have found like Steve the suzuki bluesmasters to be durable as well
Rick
in NZ

In your opinion, which 10-hole diatonic harp has the best durability when
played hard with a loud blues band? By "played hard" I mean used in a
couple of gigs per week, and sometimes played louder than you'd like because
of a poor mix. When I can't hear myself I tend to play louder, which
actually makes things worse.

I'm trying Hohner Special 20, Marine Band Deluxe, Big River, and Pro harps.
I'm also trying a few Lee Oskar harps. Which harp last longest for you when
gigging regularly?

I think Lee Oskars have pretty good staying power, but I'll also put in a word for Suzuki Bluesmasters, which I've found to be very durable, knocking spots in this regard off all those Hohners.

Steve Shaw