[Harp-L] Any other beginners out there?

Although I've enjoyed playing for 10 years now (starting at age 55), I pretty much consider myself a beginner too...something like what Smokey alluded to.   Very frustrated the first COUPLE of years. What I came to understand, with a LOT of help from rooms like this (and repeated contact with other harpers) is that EVERY vocation/occupation has that small percentage at the top that outshines everyone else...whether its playing harp, piano, or building a rocketship.  I endured a lengthy period of depression over  my lack of talent when it came to improvisation...specifically on the Chromatic. Eventually, I accepted the fact that I have to work..and work hard to achieve the level of playing that satisfies me...The answer?   Don't be  too hard on yourself.  Its supposed to be fun in addition to the advantage of earning a few bucks here and there.  I was once a fair bassman in a U.S. Navy band...reading--no problem---theory--no problem--directing--no problem..tongue blocking.......*%^$%^#*#$(@#_$(%$&*%^  At least the harp is a lot lighter to carry around

Happy New Year all

Ron Burton ..Just west of the Everglades

other beginners out there?

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/