Re: [Harp-L] my dream harmonica: 13 hole harmonica that fits in a turbo lid

On Dec 7, 2009, at 9:17 AM, Avery Man wrote:

thanks smojo. My problem was that the 12 hole and 14 hole marine bands have wider spacing so i could only fit the 12 hole inside a turbolid after i sawed and filed the sides with 2mm of wood teeth at the ends and no coverplate screw to provide reedplate pressure at the ends after i sawed. richard sleigh sent me a link to Brendan Powers' site which has something very close to what i want. he makes 12 hole and 14 hole marine bands with regular spacing in plastic combs. I suppose I could then perform your operation on the 14 or have brendan do it for me and have the size i need. I like sandwich plates better than recessed but it's pretty close to what i imagine.

sorry for my long windedness. i can't believe you read the message.

Of course I read your messages. I find you very interesting.

One thing to consider. You don't need as much harp on the high end. And you only need a little harp on the low end if you're a tongue blocker. It helps you 'index' where you are. It seems that what YOU need is a 10 hole with a couple holes 'spliced ON'. And since Brendan has been doing this a long time, I would consider him an authority. Richard Sleigh ain't no amateur at this stuff either lolol.

smo-joe