RE: [Harp-L] my dream harmonica: 13 hole harmonica that fits in a turbo lid

thanks smojo. My problem was that the 12 hole and 14 hole marine bands have wider spacing so i could only fit the 12 hole inside a turbolid after i sawed and filed the sides with 2mm of wood teeth at the ends and no coverplate screw to provide reedplate pressure at the ends after i sawed. richard sleigh sent me a link to Brendan Powers' site which has something very close to what i want. he makes 12 hole and 14 hole marine bands with regular spacing in plastic combs. I suppose I could then perform your operation on the 14 or have brendan do it for me and have the size i need. I like sandwich plates better than recessed but it's pretty close to what i imagine.

sorry for my long windedness. i can't believe you read the message.

> What you need is a 14 hole Marine Band. Then blank off the hole you
> don't want and cut the comb and plates down. The slot you don't need
> will be buried under the right cover screw, and you can fill the
> extra hole with plastic wood.

Chat with Messenger straight from your Hotmail inbox.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/hotmail_bl1/hotmail_bl1.aspx?ocid=PID23879::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-ww:WM_IMHM_4:092009