[Harp-L] my dream harmonica: 13 hole harmonica that fits in a turbo lid

Seydel has a 12 hole harmonica starting at low c with the SBS tuning

but missing the high C of a 10 hole.

I took a 12 hole marine band 364, sealed it, replaced the nails with

screws, hacked off the sides and stuffed it into a turbo harp without

2 mm of wood (kinda tight) to spare. the holes on the MB 364 are

spaced wider. I think you could easily fit 13 holes in the same space

and if you have a plastic comb, drill a hole in the edge of the

outermost teeth to replace the reedplate pressure lost by taking away

the coverplate screws.

size does matter to me for cupping purposes because I have small

hands. A 13 hole turbolid sized harmonica set up for oveblows in all

octaves with an extra low octave chording scale plus the range of a

regular 10 hole is my dream harmonica. How can i get this made?

I've looked at marine band plates (and the deluxe as well) and other

models and have thought about slicing an extra slot on each side and

working around the nail/screw holes. take a g harmonica, add an Eb

reed on the left, and a high Bb reed on the right, retune the off

reeds and i can have something close to 3.5 octaves I have on alto sax

including altissimo. Take an E harmonica and add a C on left and G and

somehow another C and retune to produce my dream harmonica or start

with D and do a Bb version to duplicate my tenor sax.

I have no idea of the most efficient and effective way to cut slots in reedplates or get naked ones
without the holes so i don't have to work around them. I have no problems with the number 13. I had a blast with my 12 holed 10 hole

sized  harp for two days before i lost it and everyone who heard it

(including the ladies) thought it was mad cool. I suppose i can get a

12 hole C mb 364 and tune down to Bb and a low d and tune up to Eb to

get my 3.5 octave horn ranged instruments. but full 10 hole range

would be the icing on the cake.

what do you think? feasible? can someone make this (bradly harrison? turbodog?) i might just give it a go myself with one of the 8 1980's old school blues harp i jjust got at about  $5 each.

Get gifts for them and cashback for you. Try Bing now.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=xbox+games&scope=cashback&form=MSHYCB&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MSHYCB_Shopping_Giftsforthem_cashback_1x1