Re: Re: [Harp-L] Seydel 1847 stainless steel reed harmonica

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff roulier" <jroulier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [Harp-L] Seydel 1847 stainless steel reed harmonica

> It may be me, but I think nothing beats the sound of wood.

You are right, nothing beats the sound of wood. It is also true in reverse, wood beats the sound of nothing else. That is because the sound of a harmonica is not affected by the material of the comb. I offer a standing $1000 wager that no one can tell the difference in tone between harmonicas having different comb materials but otherwise identical parts. Wanta bet???

Vern
Visit my harmonica website www.Hands-Free-Chromatic.7p.com