Re: Re: [Harp-L] Seydel 1847 stainless steel reed harmonica

Vern, I believe in what you say; I believe it from my own experience and
from what I have read.However, did you see the exchange between myself
and Smo' Joe. early today/tonight? (I'm in southern hem.) I woodn't -
sorry - wouldn't bet $1000 on this, because I still have a sneaking
suspicion that wood combed harps MIGHT be (inconsistently) identifiable
by sound  not because of the qualities of the wood itself, but their
inherent leakiness, plus perhaps a certain kind of grot-accumulation
specific to wood.
Years ago, when plastic combs first appeared, I truly believed that I
could tell the difference, and believed I'd proved it after walking up
to various players and saying 'You were playing a plastic comb, right?'
and finding I had been right on I don't remember how many occasions.
However, this could have been coincidence and was hardly a control
experiment.
Sorry to re-open this running sore people; but this is a new slant,
right? Ok! Ok! I'm going....
RD