[Harp-L] Will Scarlett's place in the history of overblows

Hellerman, Steven L. shellerman@xxxxx
Sat Feb 12 14:34:40 EST 2022

Re: Will Scarlett's place in the history of overblows

I took one lesson from Jason Ricci years ago. I got the concept of overblows no problem, but have never been able to really include them into my playing, w/ just a few exceptions.

And I've been jealous ever since of all those who could indeed do those overblows (overbends would be a better term, no?). I've watched some Howard Levy lesson videos on youtube, and could not at all duplicate what he was doing.

So my Harmonica Overblow Envy continues.

BTW: Will Scarlett also appears on David Bromberg's first album (which might have pre-dated those first two Hot Tuna albums, the ones my Deadhead peers and I listened to quite a lot back in high school, c. 1973-5 or so.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0VJ3l3-Xk&list=PLiF5MMyrab-6jgOtxaXczDEz7Y-6b7Brn&index=5
[https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Rz0VJ3l3-Xk/hqdefault.jpg]<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0VJ3l3-Xk&list=PLiF5MMyrab-6jgOtxaXczDEz7Y-6b7Brn&index=5>
David Bromberg - Dehlia (Live) with Lyrics - YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0VJ3l3-Xk&list=PLiF5MMyrab-6jgOtxaXczDEz7Y-6b7Brn&index=5>
Bromberg's site: http://www.davidbromberg.net/ for his cd's, tour dates, & info.The perfect blues song. A slow sad ballad which tells a story. You have to li...