[Harp-L] Any Switch Harp players here?

Rick Dempster rickdempster33@xxxxx
Sun May 19 21:31:55 EDT 2019

I have one on the way from Brendan, David.
I have been using modified Sub30s for sometime now,
but it's difficult to get them to work right.
I have ceased overblowing, as I dislike the sound (a single reed, played in
reverse, with no sympathetic
opposing reed supplying overtones, doesn't do it for me, and I've done it
for nearly forty years!)
I have been trying to devise a valved mouthpiece to produce
someting akin to Brenda's 'Unibender'. Breandan appears to
have done it, but has not yet made ir available, due to patent delays.
I am buying a switchharp setup because retuning a Sub 30 to F (a key I need
frequently)
is just too problematic.
I play chrom as well, but don't waht that sound in all the music I play.
Also, of late I've been playing harp in a rack, so I don't really want to
have to push a button.
RD