[Harp-L] Any Switch Harp players here?

David Fairweather dmf273@xxxxx
Mon May 20 01:56:07 EDT 2019

I've found that with Switch harps in the key of A or lower there's little
or no need to tune the high end sharp to compensate for Helmholz resonance.
At least not for my less than perfect pitch sensibilities.  The movable
mouthpiece seemed weird at first but I got used to it within a couple of
weeks. Deep low end bends are more difficult because of the added distance
between your mouth and the reeds but I've gotten used to that too.  The
pros far outweigh the cons for me.