[Harp-L] wireless

Greg Heumann greg@xxxxx
Sun Jan 14 10:57:03 EST 2018

I tested the Alesis unit, as well as many others, wen Samson discontinued the Airline 77. First off, it was pretty huge. But more importantly I didn?t care for ANY of the Bluetooth units (with the exception of the Line 6 G10, which is, like the Samson, not available in detachable XLR  transmitter format). I found their limited range to be scary - 60 feet is ideal for bluetooth - in actuality it can be much less. Some also had latency issues (the time it takes to digitize your signal, then re-convert it to analog at the other end.) Even a small, but perceptible delay will really mess with your  timing.

There is also an XLR transmitter in a system available from Pyle. It was also unacceptable.

/Greg

re:

> this may be the only alternative.
> Alesis MicLink Wireless Digital Microphone Adapter
> http://trix.ws/lsagK <http://trix.ws/lsagK>
> 2.4 GHz spectrum; 14 Channels; 60 ft. range
>
> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 8:53 PM, Robert Hale <robert at xxxxx <mailto:robert at xxxxx>> wrote:
/Greg

http://blowsmeaway.com
http://facebook.com/blowsmeawayproductions

"You?re going to like the way you sound. I guarantee it."

When responding to this email, please include the copy of our previous conversations.