[Harp-L] Spiral (circular) temperament

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Mon Oct 16 18:14:48 EDT 2017

I have had the opportunity to answer questions about Spiral for several on
the list recently.

TEMPERAMENT, FINE TUNING
I have not ordered from Seydel pages, but it appears to be wonderfully
specific.

   1. I prefer JUST intonation for my spirals, for the smooth
   chords.(Lowered thirds)
   2. EQUAL TEMPERAMENT can sound a little harsh and edgy against other
   instruments.
   3. COMPROMISE is a good solution for most players.

BE A KEYBOARD
My preference for JUST intonation with Spirals is because I often use two-
and three-note groups to take a keyboard role in the band. I process thru
Leslie Speaker (Digitech RP), or thru Electro Harmonix MEL9 Melotron for
string, orchestra, flute, and choir sounds. ("Brass" has not been a
convincing sound with harmonica on the MEL9)

I have 6 short videos introducing the Spiral here: http://trix.ws/RG02m

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL