[Harp-L] Microphone Technician

OWEN EVANS owenpevans@xxxxx
Thu Nov 9 15:11:03 EST 2017

Greg Heumann at Blows Me Away Productions.

http://www.blowsmeaway.com/index.html <http://www.blowsmeaway.com/index.html>

Cheers,
Owen

> On Nov 9, 2017, at 1:32 PM, <meagher at xxxxx> <meagher at xxxxx> wrote:
>
> Dear Harp-Lers,
>

> I believe I sent a similar message a few years back, but I can’t seem to
> search the Harp-L archives properly (probably user error?) so I apologize
> for a duplication of an old thread. I used to have a microphone technician
> in Bakersfield – I think Ray Beltran (hi Ray!) introduced us – and he was
> awesome, but sadly I think he (the mic tech) is no longer with us. Does
> anyone have someone they can recommend? I have a few old mics I’d like to
>

> A.	Replace the element,
> B.	Get a female ¼” jack installed,
> C.	Possibly grind down the base to make it easier to cup.
>

> Anyone have someone they recommend?
>

> And while I’m at it, if anyone in San Francisco is looking to catch some
> ‘perfectly ok’ harmonica playing tomorrow, my band the Western Nephews will
> be playing the Hotel Utah at 11:00 PM. Anyone who comes by and says they’re
> from the Harp-L, I’ll buy them a beer. :)
>

> Cheers,
>

> Evan

Owen P. Evans
25 Hexham Road
Ottawa, Ontario. K2H5L3
613-829-9139

owenpevans at xxxxx

The harmonica is the most voice-like instrument.
You can make it wail,  feel happy or cry.
It’s like singing the blues without words!

Charlie Musselwhite