[Harp-L] Microphone Technician

Jerry Deall jdeall@xxxxx
Thu Nov 9 14:41:49 EST 2017

Christopher Richards

Jerry Deall
SPAH Secretary

-----Original Message-----

From: meagher at xxxxx
To: harp-l at xxxxx
Sent: 2017-11-09 11:32:36 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Microphone Technician

Dear Harp-Lers,

I believe I sent a similar message a few years back, but I can’t seem to
search the Harp-L archives properly (probably user error?) so I apologize
for a duplication of an old thread. I used to have a microphone technician
in Bakersfield – I think Ray Beltran (hi Ray!) introduced us – and he was
awesome, but sadly I think he (the mic tech) is no longer with us. Does
anyone have someone they can recommend? I have a few old mics I’d like to

A.	Replace the element,
B.	Get a female ¼” jack installed,
C.	Possibly grind down the base to make it easier to cup.

Anyone have someone they recommend?

And while I’m at it, if anyone in San Francisco is looking to catch some
‘perfectly ok’ harmonica playing tomorrow, my band the Western Nephews will
be playing the Hotel Utah at 11:00 PM. Anyone who comes by and says they’re
from the Harp-L, I’ll buy them a beer. :)

Cheers,

Evan