[Harp-L] First Uploads on YouTube

Gary Lehmann gnarlyheman@xxxxx
Mon Mar 13 12:58:05 EDT 2017

> Hi all--

> Transcribe software.

 Probably a good program. I hear good things about Harmony Assistant
http://www.myriad-online.com/en/products/harmony.htm , but have not
personally used it.

I use artistworks.com with
> the tutelage of Howard Levy.
>
> An even better idea, if you are serious about music. Gigs don't require
great musicianship, but I will let you sort that out.

> > Hal

HI Hal.
To understand the layout of the harmonica, use a digital tuner to see which
notes are produced by which holes and either drawing or blowing. Bending to
pitch can be dicey, and is not always required, but knowing where the notes
are comes in very handy indeed.
Sometimes it's better to change octaves for a passage that requires notes
that are missing. I personally wind up using altered tunings, but that's
not for everyone.
Thanks for sharing!
Gary