[Harp-L] Bass harmonica on stage

tmcg@xxxxx tmcg@xxxxx
Sat Jun 24 10:16:48 EDT 2017

I am looking for advice on the best way to amplify bass harmonica on stage. I play in a Jimmy Buffett tribute act, and we will be playing Smart Woman (in a Real Short Skirt). It's got some nice bass harp throughout, including the low E. For prior (no bass harp) shows, I've been playing through my vocal mic--a SM58 Beta for acoustic harp tunes, and through a bullet-style mic to a small Fender amp (that's mic-ed)for the crunchy harp tunes.  We have an eight piece band that's pretty loud. I was going to try to play the bass harp through the vocal mic, but I think it not going to cut through all the other instruments.  I'm also limited to my two inputs into the sound board. I'm thinking maybe a clip on style mic for the bass, and an A/B switch for the Fender amp. Any suggestions for which mic to consider buying, and/or how to set up a suitable rig to project the bass harp? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Tom McGovern
Richmond, MI