Re: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar reed plates

All very true. When I referred to putting the screws into the FREE reed plate first, I was suggesting to cut the threads at that time. What I always did was to cut the threads PAST the point that they would
NEED to be cut and then placing the screw aside. So, after cutting all the threads and placing all the screws aside *** IN ORDER ***, I was able to use exactly the same screws for the correct threads
that they cut. And I always start screws by turning them IN REVERSE..until I feel a slight 'click'. Then I know that the ramp angle of the screw is meeting the ramp angle of the threaded hole correctly.
And yes, you are very correct when advising to send the screws home in a progressive pattern. This is common practice when fitting access panels which have a plethora of screws. Because if you
don't start ALL the screws first BEFORE sending them home, you usually wind up with a few screws in one corner of the panel which won't line up. Good explanation Steve.

smokey-joe (experience comes from electrical background)