[Harp-L] Lee Oskar reed plates

I played LOs for over 10 years and did lots of reed plate swaps.  I still
have 30 or so LOs that I use as car harps and for outdoor playing in colder
weather.  I used to play FAR too hard, and D harps were the most failure
prone for me (and still are).  In my opinion all LOs are a little more airy
than Crossovers or Manjis, or even SP20s, even if everything is assembled
correctly.  However, it sounds as though that is not the issue, as this
harp seems leaky to you compared to other LOs.

If the comb worked OK for a different set of plates in another key it
should work with the D plates.  I think that all LO combs are the same.  It
must be an assembly issue.

The screws are self tapping when you install new plates.  I had to
disassemble and reassemble LOs on several occasions in the past because I
had not fully tightened the screws because I was fearful of over
tightening.  Because the screws were not fully threaded through the plate,
the assembly was loose and the harp leaked.

I would suggest trying to take it apart and reassemble it a couple times
before getting into any mods like sanding.  Proper reassembly It always
fixed it for me when I encountered this.

Doug S.