From: "Steve Hayes" <bigbandrhythm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Phyllis731@xxxxxxx, "bad hat" <bad_hat@xxxxxxxx>, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2015 12:04:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Low tuned Harps

I really think the modern harmonicas are all very good. If you like brass
reeds, the Seydel Session Standard harps are about $15 cheaper than the low
Manji's and there is a wider selection. I'm really liking the stainless
reeds. A Session Steel is about the same price as a Manji. They all play
about the same as long as they are not leaky and gapped reasonably. I don't
prefer harps put together with nails, however I am very fond of my four
year-old Eb Marine Band.

Low Manji harps are available in C, D, E, Eb, and F
Low Session Steels are likewise available in those 5 keys plus Db and F#
The Seydel Blues Favorite is available from LowLowF to HiA

I have a Low F Manji and a legacy Low Eb Special 20 and and many Low Seydel
Pro 12, Session Steels, and Session Standard harps. I like the Suzuki and
Seydel harps out of the box, but usually find a reason to go to the dark
side and open them up to tweak them.