[Harp-L] Seydel Spiral (Circular) Tuning

Your (e-mail) comment that Seydel labels their circular-tuned harmonics in the 12th position is quite interesting but would it be more clear instead to phrase that as to indicate that Seydel tunes their circular-tuned harmonicas for the 12th position of the label; whatever circular-tuned harmonicas that Seydel labels as "C" are tuned for the corresponding 12th position which has "F" at 2-draw]?

I figure that many users would remember the positions along the "Circle of Fifths" more easily than they remember the proper name of each mode.

I was not reading Harp-L at the time of the spiral-tuning debate; are there any negative issues pertaining to circular-tuning other than some slightly less overall range (which causes me to wonder whether the 12-hole circular-tuned harmonica was attempted).

/Neil Ashby (" http://thebuskingproject.com/busker/2025/ ")