[Harp-L] Re: Seydel Spiral (Circular) Tuning

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Harmonicology [Neil Ashby] <
harmonicology@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> are there any negative issues pertaining to circular-tuning other than
> some slightly less overall range

SPIRAL
Oh, I think we all come to moments in free-style playing, where we wish for
another note or two. But I haven't found it troubling at all. And I've
never felt limited by the "slightly less overall range."

As Winslow correctly stated (more than once), every tuning scheme has its
benefits and disadvantages. The joy of playing the WHOLE HARP while
improvising on Spiral is everything to me!

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate (Fanatic!)
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
http://www.youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL