Re: [Harp-L] Comb test

I think that the most important thing about that test and in regard to whether after market combs are worth it is the performance! Tone differences cannot be heard by most when you compare similar materials like woods or wood vs Corian. Although Dave said he could hear the metal combs right away.

The big thing is the resonance and seal. A plastic comb doesn't resonate well imagine if a guitar was made from abs plastic. It would have no tone. But this may be controversial but I will say it :

99 percent of stock combs whether aluminum, wood, plastic, etc ARE NOT Flat. That is the biggest reason aftermarket combs are better. The harmonica companies cannot afford to run combs on a lapping machine or hand flat sand them. I've tested them all  too, every manufacturer,  I have a huge box. Nearly every one failed a flat test.

Hetrickharmonica.com

Sent from my iPhone