Re: [Harp-L] slider troubles

David, Joe, Jon and Elizabeth

OK. I combined a number of your suggestions/tips and did the following:

(1) Wire brushed the rough spots on the u-channel
(2) Used 1000 grit wetordry sandpaper wrapped around a jewelers file to
work the rough spots some more
(3) Made a last pass with crocus cloth.

The slider works much better now. I would say that it is about 3/4 of the
way there. I have not found a good way to de-burr the slider hole yet. Any
suggestions?

I thought I might also carefully place a drop of silicone oil on the spring
windings as well. When I installed the new spring a while back I I probably
used Doug Tates suggestion of pushing a thin knife blade between the
windings to cut down on the friction in the windings so I am not optimistic
about the silicone oil making much improvement. Just got to find that oil.
Its around here someplace.

MusiCal