Re: [Harp-L] positions you can use on diatonic

uh, (koff), it seems that (koff) you are still (COUGH) trying to (WHEEZE COUGH) get into my HACK HACK HACK COUGH KOFF WHEEEZE gasp COUGH COUGH AAAARGGHHH (shudder) PLOP crash bang

-----Original Message-----
From: michael rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Marc Molino <mmolino54@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 5:46 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] positions you can use on diatonic

It seems to me that Larry thinks as positions as a thought process to
help choose notes based on scale degrees or patterns.  I believe he is
beyond that method of thinking.  As much as I disagree with Larry, I
think he is a great musician who influenced me a lot.

However, I do not think positions are a thought process.  I think
positions are a way of defining what key you are playing in based on
the name of the harp as I defined earlier.

Honestly, I wish I could just let everything go.  When I look at many
people I respect in the harp world, they never argue with anyone, they
simply encourage and compliment everyone.  You know that saying,
better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all
doubt?  I just keep talking!  I figure those who love and appreciate
me will continue to do so and those who don't won't.  But it may hurt
my business, and that is how my family is fed, so it is a double edged
sword.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com