Re: [Harp-L] Small mp leak

Whenever a harmonica has a serious leak, it is evidence that there is something mechanically wrong.  The preferred method is to fix what is wrong instead of "band-aiding" it with gasket or grout. I have never encountered the need to fill a gap in a harmonica.

However, once you understand the underlying problem and have consciously decided not to fix it, I would prefer grout to a gasket.  I would use silicone-rubber aquarium sealant because the fish are probably more sensitive to chemicals than you are.  While this sealant is setting up, it emits the odor of vinegar (acetic acid).  Once cured, it is odorless and inert.

One should use an oily or waxy parting compound on any surface to which the sealant should not adhere.

Vern