Re: [Harp-L] Do Blues Jams turn the public off?

Most places that host jams do not charge cover. So people come out to listen or play without charge. The same people will NOT pay a cover to see some of the best Atlanta has to offer.
My band is the host band for the Best 100% Blues jam in town. We packem in. That being said, when we have a weekend gig its difficult to get folks to attend. The lesson here is, if people can see your outfit once a week for free they will NOT pay a cover to see your entire show.
This is more of a complaint than anything else.

Maurice Nazzaro