Re: [Harp-L] Do Blues Jams turn the public off?

Hey don't blame the problem on us blues jam hacks! In Harrisburg, PA our jam
is a celebration of the blues, a very cooperative situation where the big
guns light up the crowd and often act as mentors to the folks who are just
coming up (which leads to them being entertaining, crowd pleasing big guns
later someday too!). We get a pretty huge crowd at our jam, normally host 8+
sets of *pure* jam (no host band). sometimes it's magical, sometimes not,but
it's always entertaining. Now if we could get all those people to show up at
the regular band bar gigs, but we have a core group that does. I agree with
whomever said earlier that a jam doesn't have to suck, it's all on who is
running it and how.

Bill Hines