[Harp-L] A couple of questions

Aloha everybody,

I met a guitar player yesterday who wants to do a duo thing at an open mic in a few weeks. He wants to play two tunes, something in a minor key and one requiring the only key I don't own -- Db (or does the harp come in C#?). I've never learned to play in a minor key on a major harp. I'd be grateful for a few tips on this. Also, what do people think about minor key harps? If I use a minor key harp, what key would I use relative to the key of the tune, and what position would I use?

To buy the Db, what mail-order seller do people like for harps? I'm sure this has been discussed to death before, but I don't know how to find the thread. Sorry to have to bring it up again.

Just a note: I sent the old Chromonika III I bought and posted about earlier to Dave Payne for refurbishing. I can't wait to get that baby back! Thanks again to everyone here who wrote to me with info and ideas about that harp. I'm going to try to do it justice.

Happy playing to all,
Ken

The Editorial Outsource 806 Kauai Street Honolulu, Hawaii 96817

(c) 808-457-7483
edits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx