Re: [Harp-L] Why Blues Jams are Important

I know lots of bands that host jams, and none of them does it for free.
Jams generally pay less than a regular gig, but many pro bands host jams on
off-days -- Mon, Tues, Weds -- for extra cash.

You have to bring your backline amps and conduct the jam.  It is rewarding
in and of itself, but as I mentioned in the last paragraph of my essay it
can be a headache.  Nobody does it for free.  That is crazy.

The jammers jam for free, but I don't see how any working musicians can have
a problem with that.  I don't see an issue here.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog