[Harp-L] Harmonica Pierre

As to whether Harmonica Pierre would only be a mid-level player at SPAH, I
can't say.  (But I do have an opinion.)  :-)

I've heard a number of harmonica players present Mozart's Rondo a la Turka
(popularly called the "Turkish March").  Very few of them attempt the more
difficult movement of the piece.  Pierre is one of the very few that I've
heard deliver (competently) the whole thing.  I don't think there are many
that could.  Perhaps much of what he might prefer to play would not align
with the general tastes at SPAH.  But I think he does deserve a tip of the
hat.  Here's to you, Pierre!

I'm reminded of a SPAH I attended ten to fifteen years ago.  One of the
well-known diatonic players presented a classical medley, and got a rousing
standing ovation.  Admittedly, it was a bravura performance for a diatonic
harmonica, but it was cringe worthy for those who knew what the intonation
and such should really be for those pieces.  In the same time frame and
room, Robert Bonfiglio presented a difficult classical piece, and he played
it splendidly.  He got polite applause.  ~sigh~

Dan