Re: [Harp-L] Bibb/Dermody on NPR

I haven't seen this show up on the "L," so I thought I would mention that Grant Dermody is featured prominently on a couple of NPR interview/concerts with the amazing Eric Bibb.

The first is a show promoting Bibb's latest CD, "Booker's Guitar," which is dedicated to the great Booker Washington White and his contemporaries and on which Bibb plays Booker's actual antique resonator guitar. Grant is the only guest performer, playing on 9 of the 16 songs on this great CD.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=88759231&ps=rs

A second NPR concert that features some terrific "GrantHarp," "Eric Bibb on Mountain Stage" can be found by scrolling down to the "Related NPR Stories" link on that same page. This one is recorded before a lively audience and the duo really gets the crowd wound up. I love the part when Bibb eggs Grant on.

I should mention that there is a 3rd Bibb show, "Eric Bibb Asks People To 'Get On Board'," just below the "Mountain Stage" link. This one promotes Bibb's previous CD, "Get On Board." This is from before Eric and Grant met at the Telluride "Blues and Brews" festival several years ago. It is never-the-less a great show and CD. I love Bibb's booming voice, substantive lyrics and intricate guitar work. He's a terrific songwriter who "has something to say" through his deep roots in classic acoustic blues. If you appreciate acoustic blues, you really should get to know Eric Bibb:

http://www.ericbibb.com/

So check these NPR archives out and get a good idea of what this great acoustic blues duo is bringing to the table these days. Plus, those of you going to SPAH can get a chance to listen to one of today's finest acoustic harmonica players in anticipation of Joe Filisko's "Teach-In" where you can pick the brain of Grant Dermody hissse'f. 'Course you'll be behind me in the line... :-)

Michelle