[Harp-L] My Rig, Exposed

I'm still far from an expert player, but I've been at it long enough to know
that a lot of the gear that works for other folks, don't work for me. For
example I love the sound of the Butterfield-style 545, but I picked up two
of the pistol style 545's and never could get used to holding them, whether
in pistol or stick form factor. I always struggled with the damn wiring,
stepping on them and yanking them out or my mic to the floor. After much
research, much thought, and several years of reading gear threads here, and
many purchases, trials, and subsequent resell of stuff on ebay, etc I think
I have finally arrived at THE SOLUTION (for me). I love this rig so much,
it's versatile, and awesome in every way. I have the flexibility of using it
with my Sonny Jr. Cruncher when I can, and if I'm traveling I just go with
the RP350 and Richard Hunter's patches. Anyway, the pics and commentary are
at http://picasaweb.google.com/Diver4242/HarpGear# (although I forgot to
take a pic of the Cruncher but that's well covered on this list!).

Thanks to the folks who build this stuff, Gary (Sonny Jr) first and
foremost, Greg Heumann (blowsmeaway.com), Richard Hunter, and everyone else
that makes kick-ass harp gear even if I'm not using your stuff (yet?).

Bill Hines