Re: [Harp-L] Rob Paparozzi, Dennis Gruenling Live Performance videos

jeffsilverman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
<Here's a few cool video's of Rob Paparozzi and Dennis Gruenling performing at the <July 13th GSHC night at TRUMPET'S Jazz club in Montclaire, NJ.  More to come.
<
<A great night of harp playing!
<
<http://www.harmonica411.com/TRUMPET_JAZZ_CLUB.html

Listening to "Song for My Father" from this show right now.  Very interesting stuff, both Rob and Jay Gaunt playing this piece on diatonic.  This piece is usually the first song of the night when I sit in with Jon Paris's band in NYC, and I play it on chromatic.  Both players get nice sounds from the diatonic here, as you'd expect.  I wonder why Rob in particular chose the diatonic?

Thanks, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick