Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Jason Ricci

Jason: (Chesper) an all others interested:

_jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)  is still his  email
addy...and if you (or me) has a paypal account that is where a donation is
made....to Jason Ricci at that addy.

The WEBsite associated with it is down, is the thing, the  jasonricci.com
internet site. They are two separate issues. I've  successfully completed a
couple of transactions. He created a new internet site,  the jasonriccirocks
one to separate it from the previous one.

Hope this clears it up a wee bit.

I've been aware for years of all the major help he's given to other  people
only because I've paid attention when he thought no one was watching; his
pride always refusing any help I personally offered when  unexpected
glitches happened in the past -such as his Van breaking  down.  But I saw him give
help any way he could for those artists who  needed benefits for medical
emergencies, not only reaching into his pocket  without a thought but playing
Charity gigs --footing the bill personally for the  entire Band to get to and
from the gigs. Many might not know that his practice  and aim was to always
pay his Band members whether they gigged or not.  He's the one who ate all
the losses.

This last debacle with not getting paid (and having to outlay all the
costs) for the European Tour has been substantial...on top of the major house
damage he came home to: burst pipes resulting in enormous water damage
compounded afterwards by the Nashville Floods, huge bills and breaking  down of
the transportation HE owned and paid for which was used by the  Band for
every gig. Getting sick on top of it  -actually finding out  he'd been sick for
a long time and was so depleted, was the final straw.

HE would insist on trying to get out from under without outside help, but
some of us persuaded him that killing himself by struggling to get back too
soon  simply won't work. He isn't really superman and we want him around to
play  another day. The Phoenix will be reborn, though...better than ever. Of
that  much, I've no doubt.

My take on it is that with all the thousands of fans and friends worldwide
Jason has made over the years due to his incredibly honest and open heart
and generosity with sharing and freely giving away of his 'trade secrets'
with  no thought of recompense, if even tiny and painless amounts were given
by those  who appreciate him the most, it would do a huge amount of good in
the  particularly difficult situation he finds himself at the moment.

I've been hoping there'd be a trusted friend - someone who perhaps lived
closer to him who'd set up a fund of some kind where people like Smokey - and
 others who'd also prefer to send checks could do so. A lot of people I
know  don't function very happily in the electronic world.

Elizabeth

Message: 7