[Harp-L] Re: Covers - B-radical

Absolutely right. Given the years of work that went into designing that
harmonica, the vents aren't there just by chance. You may also notice that
you can control the side vents with your hands, you can still tightly cup it
and keep the vents open, or squeeze it a bit with your palms and you can
close the vents.  ;)
--
Warmly,
David

David Payne AKA "Muskie"
Client Relations
Harrison Harmonicas, Inc The Only Harmonica Made In The USA
facebook.com/harrisonharmonicas
usaharmonicas.com

 Re: [Harp-L] Covers - B-Radical
  From:
Bill <bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Add to Contacts To: David Fertig <drfertig@xxxxxxxxx>; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
 Absolutely I think there's a big difference in sound between vented and
closed coverplates. I've got an MS harp that i bought from Antony Dannecker
ages ago that was originally a pro-harp with Meisterclasse plates, which i
then fitted with a Meisterclasse comb.  After a lot of use I blew a reed out
and buckled the cover plates, so i bought a Big River harp and nicked a reed
out of it and put the vented Big River cover plates on it and the increase
in volume was enormous - almost too loud in fact.

Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Fertig" <drfertig@xxxxxxxxx>