Re: [Harp-L] Living Pro Chromatic player list

michael rubin wrote:
<Musselwhite certainly plays chromatic but Christo redemptor is played
<on a diatonic.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 6:47 PM, John Dekker <jdekker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Doesn't Charlie Musselwhite play a chromatic, at least some of the time? I
> was under the impression that Christo Redemptor was played on a chromo. As a
> newbie, however, I could be wrong.

Cristo Redentor--that's the way it's spelled in most of the references I can find--was played by Charlie on the Vanguard album "Tenessee Woman" in 3rd position on a Bb harp, as I recall--key of C minor.

I don't think you could get anything like the same sound and feel on a chromatic, though the piece, like many ballads, is very nice for chromatic.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick