[Harp-L] new harmonica player plays pop tunes

I didn't see the clip, but have followed the thread with interest.
I play/try to play with a loosely organised local Irish Trad group called
"Dusty Banjos" where everyone "plays what they brung" be it Fiddle, Banjo,
Box, Tin Whistle, Harmonica or whatever. The group has an educational
objective - aiming to encourage trad enthusiasts regardless of skill level
to have a go.
Every participant in the session (be he/she a regular or a stranger just in
from the street) is invited in turn to do a solo or lead the group in any
tune of their choice. More often than not this will be a jig, reel or
hornpipe - probably out of "Chief O'Neill's 1,001" (since a taste for that
kind of music is what brought them in  in the  first place).
Playing in this environment has given me lots of enjoyment over the past few
years. It has sort of weaned me off first position and has definitely 'upped
my game' a little.
I used to wonder what the rules - if any - of this loose group were and I
came to the conclusion that there is only one unwritten rule which is not
articulated - only sensed. You never criticise or make any adverse comment
on the musical efforts of beginners, improvers or any less than terrific
performers. You just play along with them if you can, thereby practicing
another tune and generally enjoy yourself.
This thread has been educational. If I was ever tempted to inflict my
indifferent playing skills on the world at large through the medium of
YouTube (and I wasn't!) I sure as heck won't be now.
Beannachtai
Aongus Mac Cana