Re: [Harp-L] Re: Best harp amp for under $500

Tim... If you're looking for a small practice amp, the Vox DA5 is really nice.  I bought one a few months ago after reading some of the reviews here, and I really like it !

It can run on 6 C batteries or AC adapter (supplied).  I bought some rechargeable Tenergy 5000mah NiMH C-size batteries (from Amazon), and battery charger, and they work great with it (so far!).

I like the different "styles" and "effects", and being able to plug my iPod with backing tracks into the Auxillary Input to practice with.  Sounds great with all my microphones too.

It has an adjustable power settings of 5 watt, 1.5 watt, or .5 watt, so it can be really LOUD, medium loud, or barely loud... great for practicing!

If you can, go check one out at your local music shop.

I think there is at least one YouTube video from a harmonica player demonstrating it a bit.

Highly recommended!

Ken H in OH