[Harp-L] more Sonny Terry coming at you

Good day ladies and gentlemen!

It's darned hot round here right now and hard to get to work, but here's what's keeping me busy.

I'm in the middle of a new project at the moment - Sonny Terry Riffs book 2 and 3. It's really exciting for me to do the research, to try to figure out what he's doing and then capture the essence of his style. Tough work but a fun project. His rhythms and articulations are masterful and so varied. The more I look into it the more I hear.

Happily I'm getting guidance from Joe Filisko  and Jon Vaughan about correct tuning/intonation and it sounds good to me.

We'll be looking for a few folks to review/comment on them in due course - any Sonny Terry experts out there fancy it? There should be space to add one of your own recordings to the CD as a bit of publicity if you like.

If anyone would like to see how first Sonny Terry book I did looks like here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2uBiRYzEvY&feature=related - it's had nearly 10,000 viewings so far (now if I had a dollar for every........ dream on!)

Enjoy!

Ben
Ben Hewlett
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx