Re: [Harp-L] tweed cover protector/sealant

I didn't read the original post so if some of this doesn't apply to your
situation I apologize.

I gutted my Sonny Jr 2 and brushed on the Zinzer (straight out of the can).
Gary's comment about brush quality is a good tip as cheap brushes shed like
a cat. I put on four coats in a dust free spray booth, and waited several
days between coats (its nice to know prototype model fabricators... they let
me use their shop ;-)). If you have access to a pressure paint sprayer (and
I mean a pro one, not that cheap piece of crap used to spray decks) I highly
reccomend spraying instead of brushing.

A lesson someone else learned the hard way, and gave me a valuable warning
about, is to make sure not to get overspray, etc. into the cab as it will
get heated up by the amp & tubes once you reassemble the whole deal.
A note on the Zinzer Amber: it gives a slightly darker brown tone than some
other brands. I love it, but you should do a small test on the bottom of the
cab before commiting to the whole job.

Last, but not least, remember to be* very careful with the amp chassis* when
removing, handling, and reinstalling the chassis as there is still voltage
in there that* can kill you *if you are not carefull.