From: Greg Heumann <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Bill Hines <billhines4@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, 6 July, 2010 23:36:48
Subject: [Harp-L] Using Individual Component Power or Power Strip to Power
on/off?

Bill - I actually have a power strip mounted in the floor of my amp to make
plugging in a pedal or two more convenient. Even a big amp like the Cruncher
doesn't draw much power. Does your amp have a 2 amp fuse? Then it doesn't draw
more than about 200 Watts max. 3 amp fuse? 300 watts max. And actually they draw
less than that. There is nothing wrong with plugging all your gear into the
power strip. Mot power strips can handle 1000 or as much as 1500 watts.  You ARE
correct in powering up with the amp in standby - this is very important to avoid
stressing the tubes by allowing the rectifier tube to come up fully before it
has to see much of a load.

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com
http://www.bluestateband.net